Tuesday, September 6

Food! Glorious Food!

Yay! I am so excited that you all are excited about my food idea. What is so funny is after I wrote that post I thought for a second that I was completely crazy and stupid and that no one would ever care what I eat. But I see that you people love food as much as I do. So, let the meals begin.

I was in Cancun last week, holla! SO much fun and such delicious food. Obviously I didn't walk back in the kitchen to get any recipes but I will describe in detail some of my most favorite mouth-watering meals.

SHRIMP CEVICHE
The meal I fell the most in love with was Shrimp Ceviche. Ever had it? It was totally amazing. The closest recipe I found was here. The best way to describe it is take the best pico de gallo you've ever had,  squeeze a fresh lime over it and add fresh shrimp.  This is seriously the best meal ever. We ate it with freshly-made-still-warm-tortilla chips. Delicious. A fresh and healthy meal, well minus the chips. Perfect for eating in your suit and cover up {the cover up is key, trust me, many more people should cover up} while in an ocean front restaurant.

TORTILLA SOUP
They brought out a bowl with tortilla strips, avacado, corn and probably something else, then they bring out the piping hot soup in a pitcher and pour it over everything. SO amazing. I have yet to find a recipe that I really love but when I do I will share. It will happen this fall for sure. I will probably do one with chicken in it. As Chris says "it's not a meal without meat" something I don't understand as I am not a huge meat person.

SEA BASS
Oh so good. Grilled Sea Bass over zucchini, carots, and broccoli with a balsamic vinegar reduction. Those veggies must have been soaked in butter because they were amazing. I have a picture of this that I will post later.

SAFFRON RICE
Ever had paella? With this was pretty much paella rice with veggies mixed in. Oh I could have eaten this for every meal. It was so delicious. I have a great paella recipe I am dying to try and I will report.

TUNA TARTAR
Ok, last mexican dish. This was quite possibly the freshest Ahi I have ever had. It was cubed and marinated in some kind of soy sauce and put on a bed of chopped avocado. Served with the same delicious tortilla chips. It looked almost exactly like this. The other restaurant we ate at served it over couscous instead of avocado. Recipe for picture here. I'll have to give it a whirl although I'm sure its going to be hard to find Ahi as fresh.

We had such a great time in Mexico and these are just a few of the amazing meals we had there. I will post some pics of good food and lots of fun soon. For now I hope that got your buds twangin.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I did a post about food myself this morning! My favorite restaurant here serves ceviche, but I have been too nervous to try it, I think you have convinced me to give it a go! Cancun! I am jeal! Looking forward to more pics of your fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd do anything for a fresh bowl of tortilla soup and guacamole! The best part about vacationing are the meals--bar none.

    ReplyDelete