Monday, September 12

Meal Catch Up

Ok so let's get started on this meal thing. I am not very good at taking pictures of my food but I will try to get better at it so you can see if it looks appetizing too.

Sunday-PIZZA
Sunday was a long day of traveling home from Cancun so we had my brother and his girlfriend over to relax and play games and they brought their own dinner. {I know that makes me a horrible hostsess} But they had a delicious Domino's pizza. The New Veggie. I had one slice and was very impressed.

Monday-CEREAL
Was Labor Day and seeing as we had just stuffed our faces for an entire week, we had cereal for dinner. But not just any cereal, we like to mix this and this. {weird that you can buy cereal on amazon, I don't}

Tuesday- TACOS
We still hadn't gone to the store since our trip so we had TACOS.
I fry up tortillas, 2 flour for chris and 2 corn for me, heat up a little casserole of black beans, chicken, taco seasoning and cheese, add lettuce, tomatoes and whatever salsa we have, chris then adds sour cream {i despise sour cream}, a little more cheese and you are set. So easy and so good.

Wednesday-CHICKEN PICCATA
Aha! We made it to the store. I love this recipe. If you don't know how to butterfly chicken, like I didn't, a good tutorial here. Even though is sounds tricky it is so easy and so good.
Recipe here. I serve mine over whole wheat pasta, usually spaghetti is what I have on hand.
note: if you do make this recipe, you MUST take it off the heat when you add the lemon juice and chicken stock. it's in the recipe but i just wanted to make a point of it.

Thursday- HOMEMADE BRUSCHETTA and BBQ STEAK



I love Bruschetta so I just take a handful of Basil out of the garden, dice some tomatoes, one garlic clove, olive oil, a little balsamic, salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with crustinis . I use a loaf of french bread and slice it. I brush each side with olive oil and put in frying pan or on BBQ. I prefer the BBQ it gives it a little more flavor. Serve while bread is hot. I like bruschetta at room temperature.
Last minute Chris's friend showed up with New York Steaks for the 3 of us. That he put some kind of seasoning on and BBQed. I also snazzed up the plate with some Kalamata olives, anchovy stuffed olives, salami, and fresh mozzarella.  I didn't get a picture of the steak since it was an add on but it was tasty. I ate it with steak sauce.  It is amazing.

Friday: PAWIT'S
Pawit's is the best Thai food. Check out their menu.
Our new try this time was Pad Kee Mao: Drunken stir-fried meat with garlic, broccoli, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms,carrots, spicy Thai chilies, and Thai basil. This was so good. We always get the spring rolls and the Pad Thai with shrimp. Yum! Speaking of, left over Pad Thai might be for dinner tonight. 


Saturday: PANINI
Chris went to LA for the U game so I was on my own. I took some left over ingredients and made a delicious Panini. Salami, fresh mozzarella, bruschetta, and pesto. Grilled to perfection. It was so good, i had to fight off Ralph and my mom's new puppy {I eat on the couch when I am alone}. 


Sunday- BLUE CHEESE STUFFED BURGERS
We went to Chris's mom's and had the best blue cheese stuffed burgers, clam dip, the biggest best raspberries, quinoa salad {made by Chris's sis-in-law Kristin}, oh, and  a slice of homemade bbq chicken pizza oops! Sandra, Chris's mom, always has so many yummy choices. She also served brownies and ice cream for dessert. It was delicious. 


So I realize that I need more pictures of this stuff but here you go. These are all delicious meals and I don't make anything that takes too long since I work full time. So good luck. Let me know what you think of the things you try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment