Thursday, February 17

Cheers to a Melodic Genius!

  

Who loves the Red Butte Summer Concert Series? I do! Last summer my bosses, well old bosses, gave me their tickets to Brandi Carlile. It was so amazing. Not only did I see a beloved long lost friend and watch my old neighbor make an absolute ASS out of himself, but I fell in love twice! It was one of those perfect nights, the Scenery was beautiful, the lighting was awesome, the weather was perfect and my handsome new love was by my side. Are you getting the message, it was so GOOD! I know this is a lot of info for everyone and I hate getting too personal in public-cyber land but I really fell for Chris that night, completely! I also fell for a lovely lyrical lesbian! Brandi Carlile. She is such a great songwriter. We had such a good time. Not exactly Chris's favorite music but I think he'll agree with me that she puts on one hell of a show. Needless to say I went straight home and bought her newest album and I listen to it almost every morning while i get ready. Even my kitty knows all the words the that record. HA! Here is one of my favs, ENJOY!
                                                                       

3 comments:

  1. Lovely lyrical lesbians- go Lauren! When i think of hanging out with you in 7th grade I actually am reminded of another pair of lovely lyrical lesbians as well. And that sounds really odd written out but you know what I mean.

    Good song

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love brandi. glad you discovered her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little Brandi in my life...She's great. Angry and bitter, yet tasteful.
    BYUH is fun! We are having a great time out here. Your blog is darls, I need to start following it...

    ReplyDelete