Wednesday, February 1

Food For Thought!!

 I was sitting here and wonder why in the hell I can not shed a single pound, as i was looking through the pics on my phone and figured it all out... I love to eat and I love to cook + being happily and plumply in love...Oh boy! Longest sentence ever!

This wasn't so unhealthy, sausage stuffed jumbo shells. SO good. Chris loved these. You can find the recipe on my Pinterest under DELICIOUS. There are lots of subs to make this very healthy. I did a few of them. 

Chris's friends came into town (pictures of this trip to come) and they make these Jalapeno Poppers. These were a little heart attack all wrapped up in bacon. So you cut Jalapenos in half and de-seed. Then fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and top with cheddar cheese...Good GRIEF. Then bake until the bacon is too your liking, i like it crispy. Immediately transfer to paper towel, otherwise the bacon soaks up all that grease and will never have a crunch. 

A Clissold family favorite. Chicken Broccoli Casserole. So delicious, this picture doesn't do it justice. I serve mine over white rice. 

I had to make some thing somewhat healthy. Spinach salad with mushrooms and red peppers with homemade ranch.
This one was healthy and delicious, Pot Pie stew with puff pastries. I made them hearts since valentine's is around the corner. This was so good.



'
Also i had my brother and his fiance over for a little sunday brunch. So fun. Don't mind the goofy pic of my bro, i stole this from Tiff's blog and she thinks he's cute and I couldn't shake him...haha. 
For brunch we had a veggie scramble, consisting of onions, red and green peppers, mushrooms, red and yellow cherry tomatoes. I also made cranberry orange scones with and orange glaze, and what is brunch without fresh coffee and BACON. Hello. Yummy. My scones were from Barefoot Contessa  they were much easier than i thought they'd be. 

Whole living is a great place to find some healthy fun and easy recipes. If you would like to try any of the above, please leave a comment with your email address and I'll send them on over. 
Next things up on the cooking list, skinny macaroni and cheese from here and we got a ham for christmas that i may tackle this weekend. I've pinned the recipe I think I'll try.

2 comments:

  1. me me me! I want them. these all look delicious. And I adore your heart shape pastries. I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what's your email and i'll send them over.

      Delete