Friday, January 13

Holy Crap!


I just signed up for an art class that i have signed up for and chickened out of for about 5 years now. i don't know why i am so damn scared, just am...oh well! i am really going to do it this year. we'll see how it goes.  if any of you want to join me for a monday morning sesh at the petersen art center i would love to have a friend to ease the tension a little. wait, i just got more nervous at the thought of someone i know seeing my work, scratch that, you are uninvited. at least until i have some warm-up time. seriously though there are lots of great classes there. check them out here. after reliving my study abroads, i remembered why i love art and why i want to create my own. here are a few reasons.

Of course Degas. The problem with Degas is choosing your favorite.

Berthe Morisot, so feminine and beautiful

Klimt's landscapes are so incredible but not necessarily what he's known for

Egon Schiele, this man changed so much about my love for art. 

Alexandr Onishenko, an artist i happened upon in Prague and am so glad i did.

wish me luck folks. i am petrified. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh if I lives in Salt Lake I would so be there! That sounds awesome! (Even better at Peterson as you aren't being graded!) You had better share some of your masterpieces on your blog!

    ReplyDelete