Tuesday, August 16

Miss Maile!

My mom's dog Maile is the sweetest pooch you have ever met. She is so smart and so cute. She and my mom are such besties. I don't have a picture of this sweet girl but I do have sad news. She was hit by a car and killed right before my mom's eyes. It was the most traumatic thing ever. My mom was hysterical, my dad was sobbing as they ran her to the vet to see the damage. Unfortunately she was paralyzed and bleeding internally. She died in my mom's arms. When I talked to my mom ( I was out of town) she could barely speak she was sobbing uncontrollably. It was so heartbreaking.  Since then my mom has been so lonely and sad that today, on her birthday, we surprised her with this awesome little guy.

He is a Portuguese Water Dog. Yes, the Obama dog but better cause he's ours. He is the sweetest pup and arrives next week. My mom is still sad about her sweet Maile and we know that there is no replacing her but we are sure excited to love this little dude to pieces. Welcome to the family buddy boy. We love you already. RIP sweet Mailes, we will love you forever. 

Any suggestions on a name? My dad likes Maui and I like Kona. We always tend to have a little island flare with our animals. We had a Sushi and a Sashimi back in the day and of course Maile is also Hawaiian. 

3 comments:

  1. Was she the labradoodle? Sad news...Kona for sure is a great name! That pup is going to have lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear! i'm so sorry to hear about maile! that is just awful. ever since visiting you at the garden store though, i've loved portuguese water dogs. he's adorable. i like Kona as a name for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad to hear about Maile! But how lucky to have a new little guy! My vote is for Kona, our favorite Tucson frozen yogurt is Kona Berri, and who doesn't like puppies and frozen yogurt!

    ReplyDelete