Thursday, July 21

Nebo Loop

OK so HUGE shout out to my friend McCall for this recommendation. We went camping over the 4th of July weekend up Payson Canyon. I have never been there before this so i was a little nervous about finding a camp spot, bears, etc. But this place did not disappoint. It was so b.e.a.u.tiful. (Bruce Almighty reference) Seriously so gorgeous. We had so much fun. Here are some of our pics.   




I got Chris a dutch oven for our one year anniversary....yes, we celebrate that when dating. My dad thought it was ridiculous but hey a year is a year, married or not. Anyway, where was I? Oh the dutch oven! So I made a delicious breakfast casserole when we got there, as it needs to sit over nite. We wanted to break that sucker in since we've had it since april. HMMM! so delicious. Leave a comment if you want the recipe. 

L-R: Tiff, connor's girlfriend, Your's truly, Makara, Hagop's girlfriend. 



Oh my lands...where do I even begin you guys? Boys being boys, they set out on a firewood adventure. Apparently they didn't see the heaping pile we had next to the fire (shhh don't tell). But off they went and all we could hear was chopping and grunting and yelling and then they emerged out of the forest. 


Yes, you see correctly, they are carrying a full tree. 

L-R: Connor, my lil' bro, Chris, Hagop (pronounced HOG-UP) My little brother's friend. 

Honestly there are no words. We took this picture telling them how proud we were but really I was documenting the amount of CRAZY that was going on. 





I mean seriously, I love living in Utah. In 40 minutes you can be in a whole new, isolated world. 

Ralph is usually not a big swimmer, being afraid of everything usually is a big deterrent for those kinds of activities. For some reason we couldn't keep him out.  

Obviously a little muddy. The best part is Ralph would get out and shake mud all over the spectators. Which is exactly why I got in that frigid water. 
Hagop can't swim...sorry but he can't and I can tell you that because he doesn't read my blog. So those who can't swim FISH. 
Look at that pooch. 
Oh boy. I am speechless. 


We had so much gear that Ralph had a small 3x2 foot space and he stayed right in it like a good, exhausted pooch. 

Until he was so tired he laid on the bags and went to sleep. 


So if you want a fun new place to camp and need instructions, I am happy to oblige, well if you are willing to take me with you. 

4 comments:

  1. oh this looks like a blast!

    What kind of dog is Ralph? He is so fun looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend! Let's go back though now that it won't be so crowded?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, since i see Conner like once a decade, man, he looks like a man. i mean, i know he is a man now, but i haven't seen him in so long. looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you went La and had a great time! Next time I just want in on the dutch oven cookin! Congrats on one year!

    ReplyDelete