Friday, March 25

The Hunger Games Trilogy!

is it called a trilogy? it is, right? 

anyway...i just finished these 3 books and i liked them. i get most of my recommendations from my mom and they are always good but usually on a serious subject and are very thought provoking. needless to say sometimes i just like a quick, easy, and entertaining read. these books were just that. i recommend them if you are looking to be taken into a different world for a few hours each afternoon. 




is it totally dorky if i want to join a book club? whenever i think of book clubs i picture relief society ladies sitting around with their fluffy purple hair talking about books and eating something gross and mushy...

however, when i finish a book i always call around to see if any of my friends have read it so i can talk about it. its kind of funny because whenever i do this i find that i have been pronouncing the main character's names all wrong. does this happen to anyone else? haha it's embarrassing. but i would still like to be in a book club dammit! how does one go about this? my best friends are not readers at all. my one friend has been on the first chapter of LA Candy by Lauren Conrad for a few years now. She cannot relate to my reading. we have totally different tastes. plus i like to finish my books. 

i am debating getting a bad wig and having it dyed purple...however i will never or could never eat that mushy food. HELP? 

5 comments:

  1. Hey friend if I lived by you I would be in your book club. I think we have similar reading tastes. Did you know they are currently making Hunger Games into a movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice?? I'm currently reading Mockingjay...things are finally getting interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently started reading Cane River. You could start that and we could have our own little book club ;)

    I'll make something mushy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren! I did not know you had made a new blog! (Just saw it through Jenny's) I want to be in a book club with you! THe commute for a monthly get together could be a little intense though. I loved these books! I am just finishing up The Elegance of The Hedgehog. Kind of a mix of The Help, Catcher in The Rye, and The Bell Jar, randon I know, but I have really liked it! Ok, will be back to see what you are up to soon!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! if i was in slc, i would totally be in a book club with you! when i was in utah, i was part of a book club with jenny bowen and i know she still involved with it. you should talk with her and see if it's something you might like. we always had good books and fabulous food. i really miss it. anyways, hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete