Friday, March 11

Book Review!

i am always looking for new books to read. my mom is a book-aholic so she always has GREAT books for me to read. sometimes i would like to read books that people my age are reading too. i just finished the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver


with all the African stuff going on in my life, my mom has given me a list of books to read. they either take place in or are about some part of Africa. 

the Poisonwood Bible is about a family who goes to the Congo to spread the "word of God" they are baptists. the father is a evangelical minister. it is a tragic story about how a family and their beliefs fall apart while the Congo/Zaire is falling apart at the same time. this novel, based on history, gives an interesting outsider's perspective into the lives of the Congolese people. 

i would definitely read this book if you have any interest in historical novels. this one was great! 

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking today that I need a new book! Thanks for the recomendation. Also those dresses are so cute. This winter has seriously lasted forever!! What's the deal? I totally love browsing online spring and summer clothes too. I can't wait for summer.

    ReplyDelete