Wednesday, January 5

My "Santa" Rules!

So I have very mixed feelings about this Christmas, in case you couldn't tell by my last post. 

My brothers are both in South African and have been for a while, their trip totals 5 weeks. I think they will be home in 10 days! YES! I have really missed them. Even though Richie and Susan live in Arizona it is just sad knowing they are so far away. I can't text Richie movie quotes and I can't ask Sue any recipe questions. AH! Connor is my best little buddy. We have a great time harassing each other on a regular basis and I love his girlfriend Tiff! We have really gotten close over that past 6ish months. After all I did introduce them. Chris hassles me to no end about how much I have missed my brothers. Especially because Connor is basically my roommate so it has been different not having to make meals for him. I'm sad and want my family HOME! ok.

Needless to say our Christmas was smaller in numbers than we are used to. PLUS my parents have left for their annual 5 MONTH trip to San Diego. They high-tailed it out of here Christmas day. Apparently they were cold. BOO HOO. 

However "Santa" spoiled me!

I love the Lord of the Rings...What? I Do. I can admit that I am a dork. My favorite is the Two Towers. I have wanted to rent it because movies are the best on Christmas day. What do you know, it was in my stocking. Santa was listening. 

I also received some very cute socks. The comment I got after pulling those out of my stocking was, "I know if I buy you something that is goofy looking and purple, you'll love it". 

How is a girl supposed to respond to a comment like this. Personally I put my new socks on and started dancing around the room while talking in my lispy voice that drives Chris INSANE. Sucker!

I also got some playing cards. Chris and I both have a somewhat friendly competitive side. Lately I have spanked him in card games and he is currently winning our ongoing scrabble game. So we both got each other cards. HA! You are going down my friend!

Ok so I'll cut right to it. I got the cutest new ski jacket...guess what color? Ha! I love it. 

Check it out!



 He did good right? Now all I have to do is dust off the ol' skis and get my butt out there. 
If that was not enough I just got back from 10 days in Maui. It was in the 80s the whole time. Pictures to come in my next post. 

We had a good time with Chris's parents and his brother's cute little family. 

The Store, Kudu, had a great first holiday season as well. Hopefully with many more to come. 

I'm sorry to list everything I got for Christmas, I know it is kind of snotty, but my spirits were a little low this year until... my family and friends cheered me right up with their love and thoughtfulness. 
What more could a girl ask for?

Overall, a very good Christmas, minus a few loved ones. 




No comments:

Post a Comment