Wednesday, December 1

Phil's

The MOST amazing BBQ place ever! Those of you who know me well will be very surprised by this post. I don't really like BBQ I like salty foods and I am not a fan of red meat. If I have to eat it I can but it is definitely not my first choice by any means. So, family has been raving this stupid restaurant for years. Somehow I have always gotten out of going because its BBQ. Chris and I went down to San Diego and Chris loves BBQ. Being the good girlfriend that I am, I got directions from my Dad and off we went. We pulled up to this.

I was not happy. It was like when Cafe Rio first opened here. PLUS I wasn't even excited for BBQ

So i know that this looks like the most disgusting thing ever but it was so good.  Two chicken breasts smothered in the best sauce. It has been a long time since I've had a baked potato and this one did not disappoint.  I thought that since Chris got to eat his ribs with his fingers I should get to eat my chicken with mine, I should have taken a picture of his face...he was disgusted! 
Quite possibly the best onion rings ever. They serve them with ranch dressing. 

Since the weather and the Utes had been so bad we decided not to go to the U game but we hit up the Chargers game instead. GO CHARGERS! haha they beat the Broncos...Chris's team. It was a sweet victory for my team. 

In the baggage claim at the airport are these funny little people. They made me laugh. Little did I know it would be the last smile on my face that day since we were flying into Salt Lake last Tuesday...into "The Storm of the Century". Worst flight of my life and I already hate flying.





Well that was my trip to San Diego. Decent weather, fun activities, amazing food and even better company!


No comments:

Post a Comment